• Night Shift: Marmite sandwich, crisps, cucumber, apple, Christmas choclits, nakd bar, breakfast cereal bar, choclit biscuit + cheese string
• Day Shift: Belvita cereal bar, porridge with a banana, raspberries, blueberries + syrup, pasta with veggies + sausages, seeded bagel + cream cheese, crisps, goldfish biscuits (s’mores flavour!), apple + Christmas coins
• Day Shift: Belvita cereal bar, granola cereal + banana, carbonara style pasta + veggies, bagel with cream cheese, crisps, alpen bar, cucumber, spinach + tomatoes, apple + choclit corn things
• Night Shift: Porridge + syrup, crisps, nakd bar, peanut butter bar, apple, choclit corn things + s’mores goldfish
• Day Shift: Belvita cereal bar, porridge with a banana, raspberries, blueberries + syrup, gammon, sweet potato chips + veggies, bagel with cream cheese, crisps, choclit corn things, babybel + satsuma
• Day Shift: Belvita cereal bar, granola cereal + a banana, homemade veggie soup + half a bagel, crisps, cucumber, Christmas choclits + an apple
• Day Shift: Belvita cereal bar, porridge, banana, blueberries, grapes + syrup, gammon, sweet potato chips + veggies, bagel with cream cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, crisps, apple + Christmas choclit
The next set of flashcards are live! Woooo!
There are 2 bundles, 'nursing bundle' + 'paediatric nursing bundle'. They both include the exact same flashcards, with the exception of a few extras in the paediatric bundle. You don't need to buy both :)
They are digital downloads, the same as the anatomy flashcards. You'll receive a PDF via your email, they are easy to print and cut (they have cut guides for you to use), you can laminate them if you want, or leave them as they are and hole punch + loop together!
Some of the flashcards included are;
Nursing Bundle Paediatric Nursing Bundle
Nursing is a funny job, and sometimes I think, can be a bit hidden from people who don't experience it. Even though considering how many thousands of us there are in the country, in the world. It is tiring, demanding, emotionally draining, and sometimes on a shift, I'll just stand there looking at this child in a coma, on a ventilator, and wonder what I'm doing in my life.
But the love always outweighs the negative. I don't know if thats true for everybody, and probably not with the amount of nurses leaving on a daily basis. But for me, and for now in my life, the love of the job out weighs. I hope it does for the rest of my career.
Anyway, I'm rambling. Trying to find a healthy work life balance is key to so much in our lives. You can sometimes feel that nursing just overtakes your life. I dream about being work, get nervous for upcoming shifts on my days off, and sometimes those 13 hour shifts feel like they're never going to end. I hope that finding a healthy work life balance early on, will only benefit me in the coming years and that's my aim for this post. To share some ideas I've found that work for me, and actually get my life back to how I want it to be, rather than taken over with nursing.
Next in the series of abbreviations you find in PICU. It can be hard coming to a new speciality and seeing all these letters, I know at the beginning I struggled. I've been jotting down new abbreviations I've seen on my shifts + compiling little lists for this series 🙂
After many months of thinking and debating, on December 1st I opened my little Etsy shop!
Currently available are all the anatomy flashcards, as a whole bundle together, or individually in their specialties.
They are digital pdfs, for ease and quickness. Once you purchase, you’ll receive an email confirmation and then a pdf attachment of the flashcards. Sometimes this can take up to an hour to receive. There are cut lines to follow, and it’s up to you if you laminate them after 🙂
I am overwhelmed with the response from my little shop, and am in love with how people have been using them! Thank you all so much.
Coming up next on the Etsy shop, general nursing, intensive care nursing, paediatric nursing flashcards and more!
Happy New Year!
Welcome back to That Nurse Life's more consistent blogging :)
2018 was a good old year over here, I actually kept up with my nursing instagram for the whole year (I'm generally rubbish with keeping up with new ideas!) Other exciting things that happened last year..
Heres a little flick through of some highlights from my nursing + general life in 2018!